SAFE 101 & 360 Instructor Certification
Want to Make Your Community Safer?
The SAFE 101 Violence Prevention program educates you first and foremost on understanding Violence. We address how and why someone may be the target of Violence so one can avoid it.
Join a World Leader in Violence Prevention
The SAFE 101 Violence Prevention program takes an in-depth look at your daily routines, whether in your personal or professional life. Through discussion and demonstration, we analyze the areas of potential risk and how to avoid or handle them.
Effective Verbal De-escalation Strategies
The SAFE 101 Violence Prevention program offers Verbal De-escalation education that is both practical and effective based on how conflict and confrontation genuinely happen with a focus on the resolution between all parties involved.
Interested in Teaching World-Class Violence Prevention?
Thanks for coming to our SAFE Certification page. SAFE International™ has taught more than 250,000 people since 1994 and continues to lead the way in Violence Prevention Training that is Honest, Memorable, and Effective!
Who Certifies in SAFE 101 & SAFE 360?
- Experienced self-defence instructors looking to add a violence prevention certification based on the realities of Violence, not martial arts, combative, or other fighting systems
- Fitness trainers considering a violence prevention program that complements the healthy lifestyle philosophies they teach
- Owners and operators of martial arts schools looking to integrate violence prevention into their curriculums
- Corporate Violence Prevention/Workplace Safety trainers
- Law enforcement trainers
- People with no Violence Prevention training, but who have a passion for making their communities safer
- Parents interested in violence prevention training to keep the family safe.
What Are Your Certification Options?
SAFE 101 Violence Prevention
The SAFE 101 Certification prepares you to teach by taking an in-depth look at the psychology of Violence from the perspective of the intended victim, the aggressor, bystanders, or other parties who may be involved. We will examine the relation of human behaviour to both social and anti-social Violence with a focus on avoiding Violence through both environmental and situational awareness. Through an examination of the potential hazards people may face in their daily lives; you will have the education to offer solutions to your clients, whether they are teens, adults, seniors, corporate executives, or busy stay at home parents.
The SAFE 101 Certification takes an in-depth look at the potential hazards those you teach may face in the following areas, to recognize, avoid, and deal with the potential for Violence:
- The value of our Intuition
- Display of pure confidence, not manufactured
- How to become a Hard Target
- The victim selection process and how to prevent
- Differences between social & anti-social Violence
- Self-defence vs martial arts vs fighting
- Safe use of elevators
- Home safety
- Car safety
- Safe travel
- Bullying prevention
- Plus, much more!
Besides, we teach proven behavioural and psychological principles to navigate through the chaos of confrontation. This module will give you the tools to defuse and de-escalate a potentially violent assault with proven strategies and conflict resolution principles. It is critical to differentiate between a good guy having a bad day and a genuine ‘bad guy.’
We design each SAFE 101 Violence Prevention course to the specific needs of the individual, company, family, or group we are teaching after consultation or review.
Note: The SAFE 101 curriculum DOES NOT include a physical component. Refer to the SAFE 360° program for further details.
SAFE 360° Violence Prevention
This module continues where the SAFE 101 Certification ends at the verbal de-escalation phase. With the SAFE 360 Certification, you will have the tools to provide your clients with education and training in how to manage Violence at the physical level. You will have an understanding of confrontation management from a 360-degree perspective considering all possible variables such as participants, witnesses, environmental, and situational variables.
The SAFE 360° training will include:
- Understanding and recognition of the pre-physical contact cues to potential Violence.
- How to use distance and proximity to reduce the chances of harm to both you and the aggressor.
- Demystification of fantasy self-defence taught in the martial arts, Hollywood movies, and other violence prevention programs.
- Defence against most common attacks such as shoves, grabs, tackles, sucker punches, attacks on the ground, bear hugs, chokes, hair pulls, and other aggravated assaults.
- Principles and concepts to stop a threat based on one’s force in defending must parallel the danger.
- How the step by step self-defence instruction commonly taught is not valid.
- How to apply the training to the job description of your client if the practice is work-related.
- The legal, moral, and ethical effects of surviving a violent encounter.
The SAFE 360º Violence Prevention Certification will educate you on how to meet the general needs of the individual, company, family, or group you are teaching after consultation or review.
Specialized SAFE Certification Modules
- Violence Prevention/Self-Defence for Schools
- Knife/Edged Weapons Defence
- Ground Defence
- Close Quarter Principles – aka 5 Principles of Physical Retaliation developed by Richard Dimitri
- Healthcare Industry Safety
- Realtor Safety Program
- Family Self Defense
- Spartan Gear Scenario Development & Training
The SAFE 360 Certification designation must be completed successfully before adding the additional modules listed above. Included in the specialized certifications are:
- Precise curriculums taught including updates based upon on-going research
- Marketing support in each area of certification
- Badges and Logos for each module of certification
There is an additional investment for each module and pricing is based upon the number of participants who have completed the SAFE 360 Certification.
What is the Next Step Towards Certification?
We understand and expect you will have many questions to be sure we are a proper fit for you. Please email us today so we can answer your questions, set up a video chat or begin the process. We will send you a list of questions to help you make the right decision.
SAFE International carefully selects those who want to represent SAFE International in their communities.
We do not post exact pricing since we are a mobile business offering training at various locations. Additional expenses may apply after an in-depth evaluation.
What Will You Receive With a SAFE Certification?
Here is a list of the resources included depending on your level of certification.
- You will have access to our extensive video training library.
- SAFE Certification badges for use on website and marketing.
- SAFE Course-specific marketing templates.
- SAFE Course-specific curriculum design.
- Special SAFE pricing on Spartan Training Gear based on our relationship with www.spartantg.com